In know that there are many corn and black bean salads out there, I have one in addition to this one as well, but my other Corn and Black Bean Salad is more a summer salad, whereas this Black Bean, Corn and Rice Salad is a side dish. This recipe is for all seasons and works well with just about any main. I made it as a side dish for beef kabobs, but it would work well with chicken, lamb, pork, fish or whatever you choose to pair it with. It is quite good.
- 1 cup cooked basmati or brown rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 medium red onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 whole cubanelle pepper seeded cut into 1/3" dice
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- Gather all ingredients before starting the recipe.
- Transfer cooked rice to a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat and add pepper and onion.
- Stir vegetables until slightly softened, about 3 minutes, then add garlic and cook until the garlic becomes fragrant, for another minute.
- Add corn and season with kosher salt. Cook until just heated through.
- Transfer the vegetables to bowl with rice and toss to mix.
- Add the rinsed and drained beans, another tablespoon of olive oil and the vinegar. Toss to combine, taste for seasoning and add freshly ground black pepper.