My version of a Butter Board is Roasted Corn and Tomatoes on a Feta Cheese Spread, instead of the butter. I think that the presentation is fun and the combination is delicious. I used an oval natural wood board this time. The board is quite pretty and rustic, as is the roasted corn and tomato combination.
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 lb multi-colored cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 tspn Za'atar Spice Mix
- 1 clove garlic grated
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 oz Feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 small baguette very thinly sliced
- olive oil to drizzle
- kosher salt to taste
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Pre heat oven to 375°F
- Mix together sour cream and crumbled feta cheese. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Drizzle olive oil on the sliced baguette and place slices on a sheet of aluminum foil placed on the highest rack in your oven. Turn the oven to broil, and toast the baguette slices until nicely golden, then turn and toast the other side.
- Remove when toasted and set aside until ready to assemble the tomato platter.
- Gently toss tomatoes in a medium mixing bowl with Za'tar, season with kosher salt and black pepper, olive oil and grated garlic.
- Spread the tomatoes on one half of an aluminum foil lined cookie sheet and spread the corn on the other half of the sheet. Season corn with za'atar and drizzle with olive oil. Toss corn gently to combine, keeping the corn separate from the tomatoes.
- Roast tomatoes and corn in a 375°F oven for about 60 minutes or until the tomatoes have lost their juice and the corn is nicely toasted.
- Spread the feta cheese combination on the bottom of a serving platter or a wooden board.
- Top the center of the platter with the toasted corn, sprinkling some kernels at the outer edges of the platter.
- Top the corn with the roasted tomatoes, slightly mounding the tomatoes in the middle of the platter.
- Stack the toasted baguette slices to one side of the platter and serve warm.