This recipe is so simple to make. Just buy some brined olives (pitted) of different colors and marinate them in garlic, olive oil and orange zest. Leave them on your counter for a couple of hours and then when you are ready to serve them, heat them in your microwave for a minute, stir and serve. A wonderful small bite with a glass of wine or a cocktail.
- 10-12 olives all pitted each of green, black and kalamata
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and smashed but left whole
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary stripped from stalk and left whole
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme stripped from stalks, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 orange juiced and rind julienned
- 1 lemon juiced and rind julienned
- 3-4 tbsp very fine olive oil or enough to nearly cover the olives
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe
- Add olives to a glass mixing bowl and combine
- Smash 3 cloves of garlic with the flat blade of a knife and add to bowl with olives
- Strip 2 stems of rosemary and thyme and add to olives, stir to combine
- Zest one whole orange and lemon and add to olives, then add the juice of the zested orange and lemon to the olives.
- Pour very good olive oil onto olives to about halfway up the olive mixture and stir to combine
- Cover and leave at room temperature for one hour, and up to 5 hours, mixing occasionally to blend the flavors
- Heat olives covered with plastic wrap in a microwave proof bowl on high for 1-2 minutes, until warm. Place in a pretty bowl and serve.