Not every meal has to be made from scratch. It’s perfectly fine to use quality prepared ingredients in a simple and delicious dinner. Store bought frozen Cacio e Peppe Mezza Luna combined with a couple of fresh ingredients makes an appetizing and quick weeknight dinner.
- 2/3 lb Baldassare Cacio Pepe Mezza Luna or other prepared frozen stuffed pasta
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil plus extra for drizzling broccoli
- 6 slices prosciutto cut in half or into ribbons
- 1/2 head fresh broccoli cut into florets
- kosher salt
- 2-3 tbsp Pecorino Romano
Gather all ingredients before starting recipe
- Pre heat oven to 425 °F
- Add 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp olive oil to a deep sided skillet over medium low heat and heat until the butter and the oil are warm and combined. About 15 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick aluminium foil and place florets from 1/2 head fresh broccoli on one half of the sheet and place 6 slices prosciutto , cut into ribbons or halved on the other side of the baking sheet. Lightly sprinkle kosher salt and a drizzle of olive oil on broccoli.
- Place baking sheet in a preheated oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- While the broccoli is roasting, bring a medium sacepan of water to a boil, season with kosher salt and add 2/3 lb Baldassare Cacio Pepe Mezza Luna or other prepared frozen stuffed pasta. Reduce heat to medium high and cook according to package directions.
- When the pasta is cooked, use a slotted spoon and transfer pasta directly from the water to the melted butter and oil combination.
- Crumble crisp prosciutto into small pieces and scatter over the pasta.
- Add a generous portion of roasted broccoli to a serving plate and top with the pasta.
- Grate a generous sprinkling of Pecorino Romano over each serving.