Cherry Tomato Vinaigrette is a perfect topping for a Baked Ricotta Soufflé. This combination sounds tougher to make than it really is, and honestly, it is such a perfect summer time appetizer. Sweet, velvety smooth and delicious.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 shallot finely-chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or baby plum tomatoes or a mix
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- kosher salt
- 1 tbsp (or more) of red wine or sherry vinegar
- 4-5 stalks fresh chives or parsley finely chopped or cut with scissors
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe
- Cut half of the tomatoes in half
- Heat 1 tb of olive oil and 1 tb butter in a medium sauté pan over medium heat
- Add chopped shallots to pan and sauté until soft, about 4-5 minutes, do not brown
- Add all the tomatoes, season with Kosher salt and black pepper, gently stir to combine. Reduce heat medium low, cover the pan and gently simmer for 10-15 minutes. Check once or twice while cooking. If it looks like there is too much juice, remove the lid and finish cooking without the lid.
- Add one tablespoon of sherry vinegar, stir gently and taste for seasoning.
- Chop a few chives very finely and sprinkle on top of the vinaigrette before serving.