This pretty Baked Ricotta Soufflé looks a lot more difficult than it really is. It’s only 4 ingredients and 30 minutes to bake and it makes a gorgeous presentation when served as my Baked Ricotta Soufflé with Cherry Tomato Vinaigrette appetizer. It all comes together when topped with a cherry tomato vinaigrette.
- unsalted butter for baking dish
- 15-18 oz fresh whole milk ricotta
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp heaping tablespoons of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese grated
- 1 tspn Asian chili sauce
- 1 tspn freshly ground black pepper
- kosher salt
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Pre heat oven to 400° and butter a 2 cup baking dish.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Beat with a hand mixer or stand mixer until the mixture is well blended and has doubled in volume and is fluffy.
- Transfer mixture to a buttered 2 cup soufflé baking dish and bake until golden and puffed, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool prior to serving.