There is hardly any cooking involved in making this delicious mild and creamy Coconut Curry Poached Salmon with Crisp Bok Choy. A beautiful and delicious dish, enjoy!
Tip : If you have any left over salmon, it's perfect to convert into salmon salad for sandwiches the next day.
- 2 6-8 oz salmon fillets
- kosher salt
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp green curry paste
- 2 tspn grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 medium head bok choy, or 3 baby bok choys chopped into 2" pieces
- 1 whole lime juiced
- 4 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted cashews
- Gather all ingredients before starting the recipe.
- Pre heat oven to 375°F.
- Season salmon on both sides and set aside until ready to cook.
- Cut bok choy into 2" pieces and set aside until ready to use.
- Combine coconut milk, ginger, garlic, curry paste in a medium sauce pan over medium high heat. Stir to combine and season with kosher salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Pour coconut milk mixture into a deep casserole and place the bok choy in the sauce.
- Nestle salmon onto bok choy and cover the baking dish with aluminum foil. Place in a pre heated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Check the salmon after 15 minutes, and if flakes easily, remove from oven and uncover.
- Garnish salmon with sliced scallions, cilantro and cashews and serve with plain white basmati rice.
You can buy virtually all of the curry ingredients in jars. I know I have ginger, garlic, curry paste in jars and of course coconut milk is canned. These ingredients make the preparation of the dish really simple. Just pick up some fresh cilantro, scallions and lime when buying the salmon and your are all set. Enjoy!