I made my own Mango Chutney to go with this Sweet Potato Mash. It was not difficult to make the chutney and it was fun. The recipe is that much better with the chutney. The sweet potato mash is delicious, I served it with pan roasted chicken thighs, but you could easily serve with roast turkey as one of the trimmings.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 lime halved
- 2 tbsp Mango Chutney
- 5-6 sprigs cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Gather all ingredients before starting the recipe.
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into large dice.
- Place sweet potatoes in a microwave safe dish, rinse under running water, drain. Add a half of lime, cover with cling wrap and microwave on high for 12 minutes, or until soft.
- Drain and add the juice of 1/2 lime, 2 generous tablespoons of mango chutney, a tablespoon of soy sauce and the chopped cilantro.
- Using a fork, mash the sweet potato, combining all of the ingredients.
- Taste for seasoning and add kosher salt and black pepper to taste.