This Mango Chutney is so easy to make. It is sweet, spicy, and delicious. I added it to Sweet Potato Mash recently, and it was delicious. Use this recipe for seasonal fruit like peaches and apricots, or even sweet tomatoes. The longer that you simmer it, the better it tastes.
- 1 lb sliced mangoes
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely diced
- 2 jalapeños seeded and finely diced
- 3 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 handful raisins
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- rice wine vinegar to barely cover mango mixture
- kosher salt and sugar to taste
- Gather all ingredients before starting the recipe.
- Add sliced mango to a medium sized pan.
- Seed and finely dice jalapeños peppers.
- Finely dice a medium red onion.
- Add peppers, onion, smashed garlic, ginger, raisins and turmeric to mango slices..
- Add seasoned rice wine vinegar to barely cover the mango mixture and immediately season with salt and sugar to taste, stir to combine.
- Turn the heat medium high, bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low and simmer until the fruit is soft and the chutney reaches a jammy consistency, about an hour.