I used Ras El Hanout on these delicious roast potatoes, but the spice would be equally delicious with roast sweet potatoes, cauliflower or carrots. Ras El Hanout is a Moroccan spice blend scented with cinnamon and cloves.
|Degree of Difficulty|
- 2 white potatoes cut into 1" cubes skin on
- 1 whole lemon juiced
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 2 tbpn ras el hanout spice mix
- kosher salt
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Gather all ingredients before starting the recipe.
- Place diced potatoes into a medium sauce pan, rinse under cold running water, then fill the pan with water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce to a fast simmer and parboil potatoes, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 425°
- Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over parboiled potatoes.
- Toss potatoes in dressing so that all sides of the potatoes are covered in dressing.
- Transfer potatoes to a flat sheet lined with non-stick aluminum foil. Drizzle with canola oil and toss to fully cover all sides of the potatoes.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft when pieced with a knife and are nicely browned.