Ras El Hanout Spiced Roasted Carrots make a wonderful side dish for just about any kind of roast. It’s a perfect match for carrots, or sweet potatoes, or even roasted potatoes tossed in Ras El Hanout.
Tip : This is a great side dish to pair with a pork roast or roast chicken as it can be timed, in the same oven as the roast, to finish at the same time.
- 3 medium carrots peeled and sliced into 3 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large tablespoon of ras el hanout spice
- 1 tsp brown sugar or honey
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh cilantro chopped
Gather all ingredients before starting the recipe.
- Pre heat oven to 350 °F
- Mix 2 tbsp vegetable oil, 1 large tablespoon of ras el hanout spice, 1 tsp brown sugar or honey in a small dish.
- Line a sheet pan with non-stick aluminium foil and transfer sliced onions and carrots to sheet pan.
- Drizzle spice mix over the carrots and onions,
- Toss to evenly coat the vegetables with the mix. Season well with salt and ground black pepper.
- Cover the pan with a second sheet of aluminum foil and place the sheet in a pre heated oven and roast, covered for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the covering aluminum foil and roast for a further 20-30 minutes, or until the carrots are tender and just begin to caramelize.