Smoked Salmon is always a welcome small bite. There are endless versions, this is just one more on pumpernickel. I actually used pumpernickel rolls for this as this size made the perfect bite.
Tip : I usually make three kinds of appetizers preceding a dinner party, and I normally allow 3 hors d'oeuvres per person, as a rule of thumb.
- 4 slices smoked salmon
- 1 tbsp softened butter
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 6 slices pumpernickel bread
- cracked black pepper
- Garnish with chopped chives and lemon wedges
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Thinly spread softened butter in each slice of bread.
- Cover with cream cheese and a slice of smoked salmon.
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.