I have wanted to make Spam and Eggs for years. Spam has recently made a resurgence and it looked so good I thought I would finally open that can and make a really simple dinner. What a treat! It’s really good.
Tip : I made this as a dinner, but it would be perfect for a brunch, or even breakfast after the night before!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- vegetable spray
- 1 can spam
- 1 medium white or yellow potato cut into 1/4" dice
- 1/2 medium sweet onion finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper finely diced
- Gather all ingredients before starting the recipe.
- Transfer diced potatoes to a microwave safe dish, rinse under cold running water, drain, cover with cling wrap and microwave for 3 minutes on high. Drain and set aside until ready to use.
- Dice spam into 1/4" sized dice.
- Peel and finely chop onion.
- Core and chop green pepper into fine dice.
- Heat olive oil in a medium frying pan for 1-2 minutes.
- Add onions and spam and sauté over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes or until the spam is beginning to brown.
- Add reserved potatoes and green peppers and sauté for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Spray a small skillet with vegetable spray and heat over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Crack 2 eggs into skillet and cook until the whites have cooked but the yolks are still runny, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve a helping of hash topped with the fried egg.