This Thai Green Coconut Sauce, or Tai Green Chili Sauce is very versatile. When ever I make it, I always have a fair amount left over. Never mind, I just freeze it and have at ready to add to a grilled or pan seared dish. I have already used it with grilled pork and chicken, but I thought it would also be delicious with Pan Seared Salmon and Baby Bok Choy.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium shallot peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove peeled garlic grated
- 2-3 tbsp prepared green curry paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp grated lime zest
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp agave or honey
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Gather all ingredients before starting the recipe.
- Heat oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add finely chopped shallot and sauté until the shallots are soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add grated garlic, curry paste, fish sauce and lime zest and stir to combine. Cook until the mixture becomes quite fragrant, about 4 minutes.
- Add coconut cream, stir to combine with a whisk, bring to a simmer and then reduce heat and cook until reduced by half, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from heat and allow the sauce to come to room temperature.
- Add agave or honey, lime juice, 1/4 cup cilantro leaves and blend until very smooth.
- Drizzle sauce over the bottom of a serving platter and add grilled salmon, pork, shrimp or chicken.