These Crab Cakes are the Best Ever! I have tried many recipes and this is the first that really allows the crab meat to shine.
Tip : For best results, try to get lump crab meat
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's)
- 1 whole large egg
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Asian chili sauce (hot)
- 1 lb lump crab meat
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 20 saltine crackers
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 whole lemon cut into quarters
- 2 sprigs dill
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Cut a lemon into quarters, removing the seeds and pinch a few dill fronds for garnish.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, egg, Worcestershire sauce and chili sauce until blended.
- Add kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Put 20 Saltine crackers in a reseal able plastic bad and crumble using a rolling pin.
- Combine 1 pound of lump crab meat and the crumbled crackers in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the mayonnaise/mustard mixture over the crab/cracker mixture and blend to combine.
- Using a 1/3 cup measure, make crab cakes and place on a cookie sheet.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of canola oil in a medium skillet over high heat until the surface of the oil begins to ripple, add crab cakes and fry for 1-2 minutes over high heat until nicely browned, reduce heat to medium high and fry for another 1-2 minutes.