I used the same marinade ingredients that I used for Southern Honey Bourbon Tenderloin Tips on the assumption that this combination would be equally delicious, and fast, on shrimp. Oh, so right. Delicious!
|Degree of Difficulty|
- 5 large 16-20/lb count raw shrimp/person
- vegetable oil spray for frying
- 2 tbspn honey
- 2 tbspn bourbon
- 1 tbspn brown sugar
- 3 tbspn soy sauce
- 2 tbspn Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tspn Asian chili sauce (hot)
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- Gather all ingredients before starting the recipe.
- Mix marinade ingredients and shell shrimp leaving the tails on.
- Combine marinade and shrimp in a plastic re-sealable bag and mix, making sure that all of the shrimp is covered.
- Refrigerate shrimp/marinade mixture for one hour before cooking.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and pat dry on paper towels. Discard marinade.
- Spray a medium skillet with vegetable oil spray and heat skillet over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes
- Add shrimp to skillet and sear for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the shrimp has caramelized and the tails have turned pink.
- Serve with plain white rice.