This is one of the easiest and tastiest lunches to make. Generally, the only ingredients you really need at home are flat bread, naan, bottled tomato sauce, whether pizza sauce, spaghetti sauce, or any kind of red sauce, plus grated mozzarella cheese. From this point add what ever else is in the fridge. Sliced pepperoni, smoked ham, chicken, mushrooms, green/red peppers, thinly sliced red onions, what ever you have. The base sauce could as easily be a light coating of Dijon mustard or smoky BBQ sauce.
- 1 slice flatbread or naan
- 3 tbsp red sauce 2 tbspn smoky bbq sauce, or 1 tb of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 green and red pepper finely diced,
- 1 plum tomato thinly sliced, and
- 15-20 slices pepperoni used with red sauce or
- 2/3 cup shredded cooked chicken or roast beef used with smoky bbq sauce or
- 1/2 cup chopped smoked ham used with Dijon mustard
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Pre heat oven to 375°
- Spread base sauce on the flatbread and top with grated cheese.
- Add toppings, in this case mushroom slices and chopped green and red pepper.
- Add sliced pepperoni and bake in a pre-heated oven until the pepperoni is nicely browned and bubbly.