This Cheesy Corned Beef Sandwich a full blown breakfast, and if you love breakfast and brunch, you will not mind making this delicious bite. As all breakfasts, it comes together at the same time so you have to have more than one thing going on to get the sandwich on a plate.
- 2 slices corned beef about 1/4" to 1/2" thick, diced
- 1 large shallot finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil for frying corned beef
- 1 recipe Simple Mornay Sauce
- 2 whole English muffins split in half, toasted and buttered
- 2 whole eggs
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1-2 large tomatoes
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- Gather all ingredients before starting the recipe.
- Peel and finely dice one large shallot.
- Cut corned beef into small dice
- Add oil to a medium sized skillet and over medium heat until the oil is hot, 2-3 minutes
- Add chopped shallot and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the corned beef. Stir to combine, increase heat the medium high and cook the corned beef and onion mixture until the corned beef is nicely toasted, stirring occasionally. About 6-8 minutes,
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut 4 thick slices from tomatoes, the slices should be about the size of the muffin.
- Place tomato slices on a parchment lined cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil and season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Bake tomatoes in oven for 4-5 minutes, turning half way through. Remove from oven when done, set aside until ready to assemble the sandwich.
- Spray a separate frying pan with vegetable cooking spray heat on medium high for 1-2 minutes.
- Add one whole egg at a time and cook until the egg whites set, but the yolks are still runny, about 3-4 minutes.
- Place 1 tomato slice on each muffin.
- Top the tomato with a generous amount of corned beef.
- Top corned beef with one egg
- Drizzle warm Mornay Sauce over the top of the sandwich and serve.