This Creamy Tomato and Cheese Skillet Dip is ideal as a small bite before a dinner with friends. We served it with a charcuterie platter and some insaneley addictive pitta chips. All to be followed by lasagna, garlic bread and a great caesar salad. The finali was a fruit clafoutis and ice cream.
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 clove grated garlic
- 1 small finely diced shallot
- 1 tsp fresh or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 sprigs fresh basil
- 1/2 demi-baguette thinly sliced
Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Pre heat broiler.
- Heat 1 tbsp unsalted butter in a small skillet. Add 1 small finely diced shallot and sauté until soft, 3-4 minutes. Add 1 tsp fresh or 1/2 tsp dried thyme and 1 clove grated garlic and cook for another minute or until the herb and garlic become fragrant.
- Add 1 pint cherry tomatoes and toss to combine.
- Add 1/2 cup heavy cream and cook until the cream has reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat, top with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese. Transfer pan to a pre heated broiler and broil until the cheese is golden and the tomatoes are beginning to char, 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve with fresh slices of toasted baguette.