Everyone likes Fried Chicken especially with Honey, Chili and Lime sauce. Somehow, we never turn it down, and it always tastes so good. This fried chicken is no exception and the sauce adds that extra something.
- 6 thighs skinless and boneless cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or hot Asian chili
- 1/2 tspn smoked paprika
- 1 whole egg
- 3-4 cups canola oil (at least 2" deep) for deep frying
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp Asian chili sauce or hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 lime juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 bell pepper, green and red or 1 red chili and 1 green chili, thinly sliced
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Cut each chicken thigh in half, trim off all extra fat, season well with Kosher salt.
- Combine buttermilk, celery salt, cayenne papper, smoked paprika and one whole egg in a deep bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add chicken pieces to marinade and place in fridge for at least one hour.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of honey with lime and Asian chili sauce or hot pepper flakes.
- Pre heat oven to 200º .
- Set up a draining rack over a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil.
- Heat Canola oil in a heavy bottomed sauce pan over medium high heat to 350°. To test, drop a cube of bread into the hot oil and if the bread rises to the top and starts to sizzle, the oil will be hot enough.
- Combine flour and black pepper in deep mixing bowl and dredge each piece of chicken.
- Shake off any excess and carefully drop in the hot oil, one or 2 pieces at a time. Do not crowd, each piece should be fully immersed. The chicken is done when it reached 165° or when it golden brown, 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to the draining rack and place the chicken and rack in the pre heated oven while frying the rest of the chicken pieces.
- Place all fried pieces of chicken on a platter, drizzle with the honey mixture and serve.