Pan Seared Cod Fillets are tender and flaky and taste wonderful with a dollop of Fresh Puttanesca Sauce. Just a word of warning, the sauce is exquisite, but powerful so use sparingly with this delicate fish.
- 2 fillets black cod, skin on
- 1 tsp olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 recipe Fresh Puttanesca Sauce
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe
- Dry cod fillets with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper and cut 2 or 3 slits in the skin to prevent the fillets from curling
- Heat a teaspoonful of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat and heat until the oil is almost smoking
- Add cod fillets, skin side down and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Carefully turn, and cook the second side for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork
- Spoon a small amount of Puttanesca sauce in the bottom of the plate, and draw out into a line
- Top with a fillet of cod, then add a dollop of the sauce on top of the cod
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Cut baguette slices on a diagonal and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt
- Toast under the broiler until nicely browned, turn and toast the second side.
- Serve with pan seared cod and puttanesca sauce