This Ravioli in Brown Butter with Toasted Walnuts is easy, quick and delicious. Just perfect for a weeknight dinner.
- 8-10 medium fresh ravioli/person
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- 1/4 cup rough chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 whole fresh sage leaves
- 2 large handfuls of fresh baby spinach
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- While the ravioli is cooking, melt 2 tbsp unsalted butter in a medium sized skillet over medium-low heat and add 2 tbsp olive oil. When the butter starts to foam, add 2 cloves grated garlic and 1/4 cup rough chopped walnuts and stir to combine.
- Sauté until the sediment in the skillet turns a deep golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Once it turns brown, remove from heat and chiffonade 3-4 whole fresh sage leaves, and add to the butter, garlic mixture.
- Add 2 large handfuls of fresh baby spinach to the mixture and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, reduce heat to low and stir occasionally until the spinach is mostly wilted, about 4-5 minutes.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add kosher salt and 8-10 medium fresh ravioli/person to the water. Bring back to a boil, then reduce to medium and cook until the ravioli rises to the top or according to package instructions.
- Transfer ravioli with a slotted spoon directly to the spinach mixture. Add one to two tablespoons of cooking liquid and stir to combine.
- Serve 2 serving spoonful's of ravioli into a rimmed or deep bowl. Grate a dusting of 1 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese over the ravioli and serve.