There are many vegetarian cauliflower recipes, some with a tasty sauce. This version of Roasted Cauliflower is made with my Delicious Asian Sauce and it is pretty simple. Just roast the cauliflower florets in the oven, mix the sauce ingredients, bring the sauce to a simmer and add the roasted cauliflower. Simple, delicious and a great vegetarian choice.
|Degree of Difficulty|
- 1/2 head cauliflower broken into florets
- olive oil for drizzling
- kosher salt for seasoning
Delicious Asian Sauce
- 2-3 tbspn hoisin or oyster sauce (Asian section of grocery store)
- 2 tbspn light soy sauce
- 1 tbspn brown sugar
- 2 tbspn seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 tspn grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 tspn roasted sesame seed oil
- 1/2 tspn Asian chili sauce
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts or sliced green onions
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Pre heat oven to 450°
- Line a flat sheet with aluminum foil and place cauliflower florets on the sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, season with kosher salt and roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the cauliflower is soft and begins to char.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and stir combine.
- When cauliflower is done, transfer sauce mixture to a medium sized skillet over medium high heat and heat the sauce until bubbling. About 3-4 minutes. Add the roasted cauliflower and toss gently to combine.
- Serve over steamed white rice, garnish with chopped peanuts or green onion slivers.