These Spanish Devilled Eggs are remarkably delicious! They are best when made with yellow fin tuna, and lots of spice, it is wonderful. I used a spicy tomato sauce and added a bit of Asian chili, but if you like it hot, add more. Another wonderful tapas dish for your next get together.
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs
- 1 can yellow fin tuna packed in oil (these are found both canned and in small bottles)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce spicy bottled spaghetti sauce or bottled pizza sauce
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's)
- 1 tspn Asian chili sauce
- smoked sweet paprika to sprinkle
- fresh chives thinly sliced
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Slice hardboiled eggs in half, and remove egg yolks to a separate bowl. Reserve egg whites for filling later.
- Drain oil from tuna and add tuna to a separate bowl, mash the tuna with a fork and add the lemon zest and juice, tomato sauce, mayonnaise and Asian chili sauce. Stir to combine.
- Mash yolks in a separate bowl, reserve a teaspoon full for garnish, then add the remaining mashed eggs yolks to the tuna mixture and stir to combine well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the reserved egg whites with the tuna mixture.
- Sprinkle the filled eggs with reserved crumbled eggs yolks and thinly sliced chives