I never realized I could get so many dishes out of leftover turkey. My first two dishes were Pulled Cran-Turkey Slider and Lettuce Cups. Each delicious and each worth repeating, either with turkey leftovers or chicken at any time.
Tip : Use damp paper towels when heating the corn tortillas, Also, only heat 2 at a time and heat for close to a minute. The tortillas are a lot easier to roll and tuck when they are really pliable.
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 cups shredded turkey or chicken
- 6 oz Colby jack cheese grated
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 20 small corn tortillas
- olive oil for brushing
- pico de gallo or salsa sour cream and feta cheese crumbled
- Gather all ingredients before starting the recipe.
- Pre heat oven to 425°F and grease a rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine cream cheese, enchilada sauce, sour cream in a medium mixing bowl and season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Add chicken or turkey, Colby cheese and cilantro and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place tortillas on a sheet of damp paper towel, big enough to cover both sides of the tortillas and microwave 30-60 seconds, or until the tortillas are pliable.
- Spread about 1/3 cup of the mixture per tortilla and roll up tightly and tuck in the ends. Place on a prepared baking sheet or oven proof dish, seam side down.
- Brush tortillas with oil and place on a pre heated oven until they are brown and crisp, about 12-15 minutes.
- Serve with pico de gallo or salsa, sour cream and crumbled feta cheese.