Chicken and Sausage, the perfect pairing for a fast and delicious mixed grill on your ‘barbie’. This recipe combines a couple of ingredients which you may already have in your refrigerator. I made this Tuscan Grill with chicken thighs, but you could just as easily use chicken breast or tenders. Add a couple of sausages and you have the perfect mixed grill.
- 2 whole skinless boneless chicken thighs cut into chunks
- 2 whole uncooked sausages hot, mild Italian or any other kind of fresh sausage, sliced into 2" slices
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tspn dried rosemary
- 3-4 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Mix marinade ingredients and set aside until ready to use.
- Up to 2 hours before cooking, season chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Thread 3 pieces of chicken and 3 pieces of sausage, alternating. If using wooden skewers, soak the skewers in water for a few minutes before using.
- Brush with about half of the marinade mixture. Reserve the rest to use for basting while grilling.
- Grill the skewers on a pre heated grill set to medium high until one side has browned and has grill marks, about 4 minutes per side. Turn the skewers once or twice more and cook for another 2-3 minutes per side for a total of 15-20 minutes. Baste with remaining marinade mixture.
- Remove to a platter, drizzle with a little more olive oil and serve.