This White Bean Chicken Chili Soup is truly a one step soup. All of the ingredients go into the soup pot all at once and it’s ready in 30 minutes. The soup freezes well and it is really a meal in itself.
Tip : Omit the chicken and substitute vegetable stock for a Vegetarian version of this great soup!
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 green pepper seeded and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 small Spanish onion finely chopped
- 1 can white beans
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2/3 cup canned tomato sauce or passata
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin ground
- 2 tsp paprika
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Cut chicken breast into cubes.
- Peel onion and finely chop, seed and chop red and green peppers and add to soup pot.
- Add a can of white beans, chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, cumin and paprika.
- Add chicken stock to cover vegetables and chicken and stir to blend.
- Bring soup to a boil and then simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with crusty French Baguette.