The term supreme (also spelled suprême) used in cooking and culinary arts refers to the best part of the food.
One example of this the supreme of chicken. The same carving method is applied, whether chicken, game birds, ducks, or geese. The best part is the breast, free of bones, with the lower part of the wing still attached. I have included a video which I thought was very good and which I used to make my supreme of chicken recipe following. It just takes a few minutes, and truly, you will be serving the supreme, or best part of the chicken.
What is 'Supreme' of Chicken and how to make it...
- 1 whole chicken
- vegetable spray
- 1 recipe Tarragon and Chive Cream Sauce
Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Carve fowl into supreme cuts and salt well, reserve drum sticks and thighs for another use.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with vegetable oil and heat the pan over medium high heat, add chicken, skin side down, and sear until skin turns a golden color, 5-6 minutes, then turn heat down to medium and cook another 5-6 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and cook for another 15 minutes or until the breast is cooked through.
Shoe String French Fries
- 5 minutes before the chicken is done, spread frozen 5 minute French Fries on a cookie sheet in a single layer and place in the 450° F oven.
- When chicken is done and the French Fries are crispy, place one chicken breast on each plate, nap with the tarragon/chive sauce and serve with crispy French Fries.