This Easy Baked Meringue topping just makes any dessert extra special. Allow yourself at least a couple of hours, although, it is really best to prepare the meringue a day before you plan to use it.
|Degree of Difficulty|
- 3 egg whites beaten stiff
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tspn heaping teaspoon of corn or potato starch
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Pre heat oven to 250°.
- Separate eggs, reserve yolks for another use, and add egg whites to a medium mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer set on high, whisk the egg whites until they form peaks.
- Gradually add 1 cup of sugar while continuing to whisk on high. Beat for about 5 minutes or until the egg whites are firm and hold stiff peaks.
- Draw a circle the size of your cake on a piece of parchment paper, turn over and place on a cookie sheet.
- Spread the meringue mixture inside and to the edges of the drawn circle.
- Place in a 250° pre heated oven and bake for 90 minutes. Check the meringue, if it seems to be set and hard to the touch, turn the oven off and leave the meringue in the oven to cool. If the meringue appears to be still a bit pliable, bake for another 30 minutes, check as before.