ICAG’s Iceberg, Shrimp and Ginger Salad was the inspiration for this salad. It sounded so good that I just had to try it. The story she told was part of the charm as she said that the salad was one that her dad made. After looking at the ingredients I thought that my Delicious Asian Sauce would be a better fit. Hope you enjoy!
|Degree of Difficulty|
- 1 recipe Delicious Asian Sauce
- 12 whole raw shrimp deveined, peeled and tails removed
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbspn olive oil or just enough to coat the bottom of a medium skillet
- 2 tbspn sesame seeds
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce cored, chopped and chilled
- Gather all ingredients before starting the recipe.
- Prepare sauce for salad and set aside.
- Chop salad into bite sized pieces and transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Arrange raw shrimp on a paper towel lined tray, pat with a paper towel and season with kosher salt and black pepper. Turn and repeat as for the first side.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the shrimp has turned pink, turn and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer cooked shrimp to a bowl and drizzle with some of the sauce, so that the shrimp are evenly coated.
- Return skillet to heat and add the sesame seeds. Stir, scraping up any bits from the pan. Once the sesame seeds are beginning to toast, drizzle with a bit of olive oil and sauce and mix to combine.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the shrimp, and toss to combine.
- Divide chopped lettuce between two shallow salad bowls.
- Arrange shrimp over the lettuce and drizzle with the remaining sauce.