Week night dinner…..
Two chicken breasts, split in half or left whole and a little fettuccini and dinner is organized.
- 2 whole skinless boneless chicken breast halves (4 oz. each)
- 2 tbsp olive oil for sauté
- 1/2 tbsp kosher salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3-4 nests fettuccine (uncooked)
- 1 tbsp kosher salt (added to water)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- freshly ground black pepper
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe
- Split chicken breasts into two horizontally and separate tenderloin from breast. Salt the chicken pieces and then mix parmesan and flour on a sheet of wax paper.
- Add oil to large frying pan and heat over medium high heat.
- Dredge chicken pieces in the flour and parmesan mixture until well coated.
- When the oil is hot (test with a tiny piece of chicken in the oil, if it sizzles, it's hot enough) Add the chicken pieces and sauté for about 8-10 minutes.
- Check after 8 minutes, and if the chicken pieces are a nice golden color, turn the chicken and cook for a further 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place on a platter and serve with cooked fettuccini tossed on butter and seasoned with freshly ground black pepper.