This Warm Lentil Salad was so easy to make that I will keep it as a side dish for grilled anything, chicken, pork or shrimp. A nice change and nice textures and flavors!
Tip : Reduce the olive oil to 1 tablespoon for healthy lean option
- 1 16 oz can cooked lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 small red onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 2 tspn capers
- 1/2 tspn finely ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Gather all ingredients before starting the recipe.
- Rinse and drain lentils and transfer to a microwave safe dish.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Just before serving, heat lentils in microwave on high for 2 minutes. Add dressing ingredients and stir to blend with the warm lentils.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and either thinly sliced red bell peppers or fresh chili.