Pickled Shrimp is a great appetizer idea whether you are having a crowd or just a few friends for dinner. Whether you serve it as a buffet dish, or individual appetizers, everyone loves it. It is super easy to prepare and makes a really nice presentation.
- 2 lbs cooked shrimp (26-30) count (2 bags)
- 2 4 oz jar of pimento
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon thinly sliced (use mandolin)
- 2 tbsp capers drained
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp Asian chili sauce
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Drain cooked shrimp in a colander for a few minutes before combining with dressing.
- Combine pimento, red onion, olive oil, vinegar, capers, sugar, salt, celery seeds, and Asian chili.
- Combine dressing with cooked shrimp.
- Chill 12 to 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in parsley and spread on a flat serving platter or individual appetizer plates.