I found the secret to a golden Sage Butter Sauce quite by accident. Sage butter sauce was a bit of a mystery as I never knew how to get that golden color of sauce around ravioli before trying this method. I was really trying to make a butter sauce that retained its hazy just “melty” buttery look. I am sill looking for the butter sauce that remains hazy but in the meantime, the golden color butter sauce is great and will work as a last minute recipe.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small juice of lemon
- pinch kosher salt
- 4-5 leaves of sage or basil
- Gather all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a small skillet over medium low heat,
- Swirl butter and oil in the same direction until the butter has melted but not clarified, add lemon juice and basil or sage.
- Pour over previously cooked ravioli and serve.